Spreading warmth with #EzeeHugs

My Mom used to always say:

"We make a living by what we get and we make a life by what we GIVE."

I am Richa and I am a student of The FMS College. My mom's words always ring a bell in my mind as they come from experience. But I could have never found the true meaning of her above words if I wouldn’t have come across this initiative of Ezee which is #EzeeHugs. Ezee a detergent brand came up with #EzeeHugs campaign this winter where in we were asked to donate our old woolens to the underprivileged. Godrej Ezee collaborated with my college, The FMS for #EzeeHugs campaign. The whole idea just rang a bell in my mind and reminding me of what my mom said. I decided that I am going to be a part of this initiative by not only donating woolens but also by extending my helping hand towards it and making it happen.



We are the youth and if a small step can make a difference than I want to make that difference. I and my friends not only donated our woolens but also spread a word by creating whatsapp groups and sharing on social media. #EzeeHugs spread like fire and many students from other colleges also came forward and joined hands to make it a success. More than 30 colleges participated to shout out louder that #EzeeCares and so do we. Winters in northern India are brutal. So many underprivileged kids die in winters because they can’t fight these merciless winters. Donating old woolens can actually save them. We the youth of India took a small step to save bright future of our country which also lies in life of underprivileged kids.

Woolens were collected from all the classes and were delivered to area centres. From there these were taken to Ezee centres by ola which is the mobility partner of this campaign. The best part of this initiative is that woolens were washed in Ezee and then delivered to the underprivileged. Ezee made it sure that the woolens are free from germs and bacteria before they are delivered. I feel proud to be a part of this initiative as this gave me the opportunity to see that sweet smile on someone's face which my small action could do. I would urge you to be a part of the initiative and spread a word because #EzeeCares.
Click here to see people sharing the warm hugs.

2 comments:

  1. Your contents are always so cool!


    Alice Cerea
    babywhatsup.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sharing. liked it. would love to be part of ezeehugs.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete